Export to DWG

8780.3 In reply to 8780.1 
Hi flim,

> Is it going to have DWG support in MOI v4?

No, DWG is not a publicly document format and so the only way to use it is to license some special libraries to do it. Right now I don't have any plans for that. MoI does support DXF format though which is very similar and usually also supported by programs that use DWG, but for MoI it's primarily used for 2D drawing conversion and not solids or surfaces.

But on the BricsCAD Communicator web page (https://www.bricsys.com/en-us/communicator/) it says:

"All editions of BricsCAD export drawings and models in ACIS, DWG, 2D PDF, and a variety of raster formats"

ACIS is the .sat format which MoI does support writing solids and surfaces too, so try using that for model data transfer between MoI and BricsCAD. MoI also supports 2D curves in PDF format as well so that's another format that could work for you for 2D curve transfer.

> If I buy MOI v3 now, is it eligible free upgrade to v4?

Sorry no, there will be a free upgrade to v4 if you purchase v3 within a couple of months of the v4 final release but the final v4 release is further out than that right now. I don't have an exact timetable set, my current guess would be something like 6 to 9 more months before the v4 final release is ready. The v4 beta period only started pretty recently and will continue for a while yet.

- Michael