Multiple sweeps

8739.15 In reply to 8739.9 
Hi Michael,

Tried you suggestion first this morning...seemed to be the most simple and direct to my original intent.

>You can use multiple profiles in sweep, but it's for making a sweep that changes its profile as it moves along the sweep rail, so it's expecting the profiles to be at different stations along a single rail not a lot of them stacked up all on the same position on the rail.

Yup, familiar with that. No issue there.

>You can sweep a single profile along multiple rails though, to do that draw your circle flat on the cplane off to the side outside the bounding box of the rail, that's so you'll get "autoplace" mode enabled for the sweep. Then you can select just that one profile, run Sweep and select all your rails and it should generate sweeps along each one.

...now with this one, unless I'm doing something incorrectly, is that the two individual rails become the diameter for the single profile. I'm not getting 2 separate tubes...I get one large tube from the profile (which is set of to the side on the flat cplane as you suggested). If I select just one rail...I get one tube of that profile, no issue. Just not 2 separate tubes of that one profile, in one command operation. Setting was "autoplace". Tried playing with the other options, no go.

Might be me...not sure...

Thx.