Considering buying MOI to do this

8732.40 In reply to 8732.37 
Hi Bruno,

> So if you check my attachment you will see the control points look much more dense.

They look dense but they look well arranged without anything getting bunched up and crossing over each other. I wouldn't worry so much about the density just itself, the question is does it look better and is it shaped more like what you want or less like what you want.

> When I did that in Rhino (tried before), I mean to reconstruct as a single line the 3 segments...They
> told me that was not possible since of the discontinuity of G1 joint to straight line its no point to do
> that. Maybe I understood wrong ? I will check the rebuild option in MOI.

That's true that under normal circumstances you don't usually want to rebuild lines and arcs together into a single segment. But trying to control segmentation matching for a particular surface construction can be a special case where you do want to do it, if it produces a better looking surface result.

It's up to you to decide if it's better or not, if you were happy with the results of your old way you don't have to do it any differently.

> I would also like to ask you Michael if the screenshot looks good for you. I believe I followed correctly your instructions,
> but I forgot to rebuild the 3 segment lines.

Looks pretty good to me! You may test doing a mesh export to .obj file so you can see what that looks like.

> Did you do the same with the 'arcs' on the other part of the 'triangle' ?

Yes.

> In order to get the rials for the segments (highlighted curves in the attachment) . Did you intersect the
> perp lines to with the 'old' sweep ? Did you use the project command ?

I didn't make those rails, they are edges that were created from the sweep result. What I did was join together the triangles so there were 2 closed big triangle curves (with the same number of segments in each, so you will get segment-to-segment matching), and 2 small arc curves between them. Then I selected the triangle curves to use as profiles, then ran Construct > Sweep, and then picked the 2 small arcs as the rails. The curves that you are highlighting are then generated from the sweep, because the sweep will be split up at points where there are segment endpoints in the joined segmented curves.

Hope that makes sense, time for bed again over here!

- Michael