V4 beta Dec-12-2017 available now

8731.71 In reply to 8731.69 
Hi Metin, well I'm not planning some comprehensive emulation of 3DS Max, all I'm going to be doing is reverting the change to use Alt+MMB for rotate and put in an option in moi.ini like:
AltMiddleMouseRotate=y
that can be set to turn it back to that.

There are already an awful lot of ways you can control view navigation in MoI, for example to Pan you can use any of:

- middle mouse button (no modifiers just click down and drag).
- Shift + RMB
- Shift + Alt + LMB (as in Maya I think).

You can also set the "Rotate with middle button" option under Options > View > Rotate/Pan/Zoom options which will then make plain MMB do rotation instead of panning and plain RMB do pan.

Since there are 3 ways to do each thing already, trying to make it fully customizable would probably involve some big mess of options that I don't really want to try and work out.

But if you can figure out a strategically targeted option (like AltMiddleMouseRotate=y to enable 3DS Max type rotation behavior), it's a lot more feasible for me to put in a couple of those.

> Also, in MoI, panning differs between the perspective view (Shift + RMB) and
> the orthographic views (only RMB), which I find a bit confusing.

The way it works is shift+RMB will do pan in both the 3D and ortho views. Plain RMB does rotate, and since there is no rotation in the ortho views instead of doing nothing there it will do Pan, so that's actually a 4th way to do panning.

If you want one that will always pan in either perspective or ortho views, you can use any of plain MMB, Shift +RMB, or Shift+Alt+LMB , any of those 3 will do panning consistently in both 3D and ortho views.

- Michael