Rendering - tips, tricks, experiences

8728.3 In reply to 8728.1 
Hello Mik and everyone!

After some quick and dirt tests I think that maybe I've found a new (for me) workflow that should allow me to perform the task I talked about in my previous posts at "Funny thing at opposite of Moi" thread !!! :) :)

That is : find a fast workflow to create renderings of 3D sketches/concepts with acceptable quality, using objs models exported from Moi or any other 3D package. The main key of this workflow is that it allows me to use "raw" obj models WITHOUT any kind of Retopo/Uv/Texturing.

I already use a superfast workflow involving 3D-Coat's voxels but with this new workflow I'm not forced to use the pretty limited 3d-Coat's built-in render engine.

This new workflow involves Blender 2.79 but I think I could do the same thing using Thea Render.

The good news for me is that both with Blender and Thea I can leverage on the power of my GPU (1080 Ti) because both Cycles and "Thea Presto" engines works on GPU.

This workflow obviously has some limitations that actually I can imagine, but I have to make other more advanced tests.

Anyway...for what I'm looking for I think that this workflow should be enough for me.

Soon, maybe tonight if I can, I will post a little tutorial here on how to use the workflow I'm talking about.

We'll catch up.

Ciao!

- Marco (mkdm)