V4 beta Nov-27-2017 available now

8704.50 In reply to 8704.48 
Hi Max,

> I rewrote customui and nodeeditor, now both this projects can be moved to appdata dir.
> I think it's a best place for all MoI extensions.

Yes, I think so too. The one area of concern I have is how to support extensions that require a particular version of MoI. For example in MoI v5 there will be some new function added and an extension will want to use it, that means that particular extension won't work with v4. So that may be a problem if MoI just tries to load all extensions it finds in appdata.

> I use MoI in portable mode.
> I think it should return ProcessDir path in this case. Or maybe you can give me an advice how can I check the run mode?

Well, there isn't really a distinct mode for portable, it's just inherently portable because it has all its dependencies packaged with it in the same directory and doesn't require anything external to be set up in order to run.

What about if you could customize the appdata directory by an entry in moi.ini ? Maybe with a keyword of "ProcessDir" being recognized since if you're running from a USB drive you might not want to hard code the drive letter?

- Michael