DXF related question

Hello,
I am new to this forum. Form time to time I came back an see MOI evolving. I am now highly impressed of it's capabilities. Being a hobbyist (rc-modeller) I have not yet a licence (but it is on my wishlist :)) but now had a deeper look into the trial version.

I have two questions:

- Is there a possibility / script, that selects all adjacent 2d-curve objects to a selected object (only one object is initially selected). I often have the task, for example at wing sections, that there are a lot of adjacent lines, which are quit troublesome to select before joining.

- I have an old homebuilt program to make G-Code from DXF (R12) files. To code my tool properties, tabs and so on, I use the DXF-layer names (pretty like DXF2Gcode). So I can import the DXF files into my old Autosketch, modify them, an have this information preserved at export time. Also the sequence of the imported objects (all simple 2d) are preserved. MOI doesn't know layers and so unfortunately I loose all of this information (everything has the DXF-Layer name "Standard") and also the sequence of the objects seems to be distorted.
Is there a way (script?, option), which for example sets the objects dxf layer name to the MOI's style name of this object at import and also vice versa at the export to dxf. To keep the sequence, a possible solution could be to name the imported object to something like "part_1", "part_2" and so on (and export them in this way again), if it is to complicated to do this implicitly.

Thank You in advance for your help.

Paul