A free subd to NURBS solution

PaQ
>>I really hope/pray Max will find the time and will to work on the surface simplification from his amazing subdiv script.
As I wrote earlier, I have a plans to implement this feature to Subdiv script. But at the moment it's difficult to do using current MoI Javascript API.
The current version of the Subdiv script saves an output data as a text STP file and then import it back to MoI. I can write a more complex stp export tool for stitched surfaces, but in my opinion it's waste of time.
Lets wait for a new js api functions in MoI v4.

Stefan
>>The person(s) who would take care of this problem *as a standalone product*, with crease edges functionality would IMHO win the jackpot, in the 3D Industry.
This script doesn't use any specific MoI functions. It can be easily ported to node.js project which can convert obj to stp. My script is free, so everyone can do it.
I'll think about this idea. But anyway it will be an opensource project.

Marco, Ed
>>I mean the porting of the current Max's subDiv scripts, with a some degree of improvements, into the Moi's core tool set.
Do you really need it as an internal tool? :) Everyone can use it right now for free.

Michael
Could you add this Zebra analysis to MoI? It will be very handy tool.