Planar Holes Finder : a script for 2D workflows!

8646.20 In reply to 8646.18 
@You : "...But another problem is it sounds like you're not just looking for "holes" anymore, to make a "hole" it has to be a closed curve..."

You're right Michael :)

The fact is that I wanted initially to start a script for "2D workflows" not for "solids" or "solids boolean" stuff.

My script does this main things :

1) Capture all curves that can be considered "holes" of another flat curve.
I know that this part of the sentence was not very clear.
When Is said "Hole" I wanted to say : closed curves that, when projected, are totally enclosed into the "planar surface" created using the"container" curve.

2) During my coding I also wanted to add capabilities to capture also other situations.
So, now I'm coding my script to be fired in 3 different ways :

A) Capture all "totally enclosed" in "container curve"
B) Capture all "partially enclosed" in "container curve", that is the curves that when projected they intersect the boundary of the "container"
3) Capture both of them

But...during the coding and also during the various experiments and tests popped into my mind that the scripts also could works with
other planes, not only TOP plane, and I started to face with the problem of "Direction" vs "ClosestPt."

Now I try to switch to "Direction" mode and leave the script with the minimum interaction with the user,
assuming that the direction in forced to TOP plane.

Later, when the first official version of the script will be tested by other users, I will try to make it more complex.

I'm also writing the variant for a quick "Lasso" selection !

Thanks for all your help :)

I think I need some suggestion for using the "Project" factory with "Direction", but I want first to try.

We'll catch up!

Ciao!

Marco (mkdm)