Moi + Affinity : Moi for 2D workflows

8629.19 In reply to 8629.16 
Hello Ed!

Thank you very much for your kind words! Much appreciated.

As I said in some of my previous posts, I'm not a professional artist, and computer art isn't my main job,
but I'm a great enthusiast of anything related to CG for may years now, both 2D and 3D,
and for what I've experienced so far I can say that very rarely I've seen a software with all the characteristics of the Affinity suite.

Affinity Designer and Photo are cheap, fun, easy, well designed, with good performance and with modern UI.

For my daily job I often use them coupled with Moi, to design mockup and UI for Android Apps and the results are always very good.

With that said it's also true that Affinity suite is still young and must grow in many aspects.

For example "Symbols" in Designer are not yet bug free, or performances are good but not comparable with PS,
or it lacks Tracing capabilities, or for example Affinity Photo has not so good painting capabilities, and other aspects.

But I've seen here and there on YouTube and web in general, many artists that are getting great results with the Affinity suite.

For example, I don't know if you already knows it, but here you can find state of the art tutorials for Affinity Photo :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejM8Xp06Zug&list=PLjZ7Y0kROWitLXsh6z4Z3qBYCS6xoIXHN

Anyway, I will continue to explore the possibilities offered by the "great duo" Affinity Designer + Moi,
because in the last decade I haven't seen no other software under 60 USD capable to be so close, so close....to the unparalleled Moi,
both regarding workflow and easy to use (and fun).

Cheers!

- Marco (mkdm)