MoI on a ultra low spec baby laptop (GPD Pocket)

8617.4 In reply to 8617.3 
Hello guys,

Hi Michael,

I can`t wait to test V4, like everyone here I suppose :)
(just discovered MoI is touch screen ready Oo, ho boy !!!!) ... and yes the panel auto-collapsing is prefect for this kind of small display area !

As a side note, this device is for enthusiast only, you need to enjoy fighting with windows (services), bios tweaking, driver updates, etc.
It`s not a `microsoft surface` experience.

The construction is well done, but the keyboard quality is not great (some keys do really stupid sounds :)).
The screen is very small for windows desktop, and ultra reflective. (I would love if they can switch into a 8-9 inch for the next model).

The biggest problem is the heat from those atom cpu, and especially in this device. Idle temp is about 38° (and I`m lucky, because some unit seems to have temp problem even in idle). Pushing the cpu/gpu full speed (like in a game session), and you are over 65-70°, ... the battery is drained in 3 hours in that condition.

Netflix, or youtube video use a lot of cpu too (50% usage, so probably 4-5 hours of usage).

In the other hand, reading H264 video is fine. If you can use hardware decoding (VLC 3.0), you are good for 10+ hours of video.
And MoI is very kind for the battery usage too, I wouldn`t be surprised have 8+ hours with one charge while modeling in MoI.

Again, I love it. And as I want to be more familiar with Linux, it`s a really good candidate to install (and broke) a linux system.
Ubuntu is running ok, battery usage is much more higher than windows, the sound driver is not completely there yet, touch screen stop responding from time to time ... but there is lot`s of effort from the Linux community, so I hope 'they' will manage to fix it.

EDITED: 7 Oct 2017 by PAQ