Remove tiny face on object

8604.6 In reply to 8604.5 
Hi Micheal.

Thanks for clarifying.

@You : "...For v4 I can add some more methods like something on a face to calculate its surface area without having to save it to a file and read it back in again, that should work much better..."

You hit a very important point for me that I've been waiting for a really long time.

I know that actually this can't be a top entry in your "to-do" list,
but I always thought it would be really great to have Moi's Api providing a bunch of investigation methods.

I mean, without the need to calculate that things ourself (admitted it's possible) with very slow methods.

For example it would be very useful to have these Api methods :

1) Get the area of a single surface or a joined surface

2) A method that should perform an internal fast search of things (all levels...objects, surfaces, curves, edges) based on input criteria :
object name, min and max length, min and max area, using multiple input criteria.
That is, for example, let's say we want to get the list of all entities name "wood" of type "surface" with the area between 20 and 30.
Or get the list of all entities name "wire" of type "edge" having the area length between 5 and 10.
All these searches should have and also an input filed that specify that starting set of entities to filter (for example only "selected objects")

3) A method that should return all the control points of a surface along with the "normal" of each point.

And so on...

I know that actually some of these investigations could be done with the current Api but, even when possible,
the elaboration is very limited and very very slow, due to the actual Api implementation.

I hope that, soon or later, you will add all these kind of "pre-calculated" things, applying these information directly
to the Moi's entities (within its "DOM").

I say this from my developer point of view.

I hope I made myself clear :)

Thanks a lot for help and have a nice day.

Marco (mkdm)

P.S. I apologize if I repeat these things often in my messages, but I think that the current Moi's Api is too limited if we want to let Moi jumping to a "next level", for a very powerful scripting.