Remove tiny face on object

8604.20 In reply to 8604.19 
Hi Marco,

re:
> So, I ask you if you could add, for V4, a user setting that could give us the chance
> to choose the way Moi works :
> 1) Priority to Viewport : everything remains just as it is now
> 2) Priority to Scripting : all (or some) of the additional data of the objects are calculated
> on he ffly after creation/modification.
> In this way all that information could be available immediatly during Scripting execution.

I'm sorry Marco but it doesn't seem very feasible to do this. It's not a good recipe for stability and robustness to have settings that dramatically alter how basic things behave, it would add a lot of complexity to the design and multiply the amount of testing I'd need to do to make sure things were functioning properly. There are also implementation and maintenance costs like these that have to be considered as well.

Also right now I don't understand what specific problem you're trying to solve with this - do you have something you're working on where gathering lists of closed curves is currently a performance bottleneck that is preventing something from working as you need?

Indexing some information for set queries without any loops later could be possible to do in the script itself - it's likely to be a lot more feasible to do it that way since the solution can then be targeted to the particular needs of the script.

If you have a poorly performing script that needs quicker set information retrieval could you please post the script and describe what you're trying to do in some more detail?

- Michael