CNC Routing

858.2 In reply to 858.1 
Hi Kevin, I'm glad that MoI is working well for you!

It can be frustrating how much of an investment most other CAD programs require. Not just in money but in time - it seems that a lot of them are set up with the idea that you will spend quite a bit of time in training courses before actually using the software...

> There is even a rumor that v1.0 will be priced with starving artists in mind... eh?

Yup, version 1.0 will be available for US $195.

> Additional features? I'd be cool if I could scan in my pencil sketches so I could trace them in Moi.

Actually, this is already covered! :) After you scan in your sketch (you'll need to use your scanner software for that part), use the View / Image command to put it in as a background image. After starting that command, use the "Add" button in the upper-right corner to insert a new image, you draw it you would a rectangle and then your image will show up inside of MoI so you can use it for a tracing guide.

There are different options for how you want the image to be displayed, there is some information on the options here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=325.1

- Michael