MoI Life Expectancy?

Hi Darren,
I wouldn’t be concerned with the length of development cycles. Here’s why:

MoI is simple, you won’t need much in a way of a manual.
MoI is dedicated to performing very specific tasks, and it performs exceptionally well.

Because of these two things, the scope of community expectations is narrower than Modo’s. So when updates are released, they’re typically much more meaningful to all users.

Most importantly, MoI a joy to work with.

I use Samuel Zeller’s dark UI. Installs in seconds, and it’s beautiful. The application virtually disappears and suddenly it’s just you and your work.

If Modo is your main modeler, there’s something you might consider: in many situations, the proper time to generate polygons is in the end stages of content creation. If your projects are vast and complex (or a product that gets built), then you’re probably already working in industrial CAD cloud-based or enterprise applications.

If so, MoI is perfect for this ‘alternate’ workflow because its simply the best mesher I know of.

A 64-bit version will take this to a level because we’ll be able to work with much larger assemblies.

But don’t wait for it. The current version of MoI provides value well beyond its cost.

Andy