Suggestion : Distribute objects

Hi Michael,

Maybe I'm not fully understanding the original question correctly, but couldn't the "ArrayGem" script work for this?

I previously collected info & made myself notes on this script, they read as such:

>>This is for replicating a gemstone along a set of curves on a surface, aligning the gem to the surface normal. It uses a different spacing method than the other array commands - along with the objects to be arrayed you also specify a base circle and the spacing that you provide becomes the separating distance between each placed circle along the target area. For the targets you pick a surface, and a set of curves that have been projected on to that surface.

So note there that for this command to work properly, there must be a base circle also included among the objects that you want to have copied and the base circle should be selected along with the objects to copy at the same time. The center of the base circle will become the point that is placed on to the surface, and the diameter of the base circle will be taken as the size of the object.

Even though this is oriented towards placing gemstones for jewelry design, it could also be used for replicating quantities of any kind of object oriented normal to a target surface.<<

HTH, Colin