CSec Profiles, as in Rhino

849.3 In reply to 849.2 
Thanks Michael, Not as intuitive using the profiles for the lofting, (seems using Moi needs more lateral thinking; pun intended), especially if one is used to Rhino. Yes, I got the Copy Past between apps in a previous post on the forum, as this is the best place to get quick and dirty with great ideas.(Rhino, great though it is -- on a tablet?... (*grin*) My opinion)

Many of my previous previous models I have kinda stuck to the Csec, probably an ingrained condition. There is however one area where the cses still gives something I am not really able to "lateral think" my way around in Moi, given the lofting of the profiles method, which a fabulous approach (My thanks for this eye-opener). . . .Say for example the classical "let me make a spoon" with this new toy . . .

1.. A top profile - mirrored
2.. Two side profiles - one for top and one for bottom
3.. A Csec through the four profiles
4.. (Here is the point) Adding knots in the area of the bowl of the spoon, and adjusting the cross sections (more here than on the handle), then reshape them to form a better bowl reference
5.. The inevitable loft of the csecs
6.. The tidy up via cap, blend, whatever.. etc for the open edges
7.. And the pieces were joined in the virtual firmament, And behold there was a spoon... lol

To do the above would entail more profiles to do the inevitable bowl, hence Lsecs as apposed to Csecs, same approach on a different axis...where the Csecs are made from the profiles giving more "in-place" nurbs to play with. See my problem?
This applies to many of those "tiny tidy" things like a pouring spout for the coffee pot, the dent in the gun muzzle.. etc.

Maybe for version 2? (Here's dreaming)
Jess