CSec Profiles, as in Rhino

849.2 In reply to 849.1 
Hi Jess, I'm glad that you're liking MoI!

re: CSec, it has seemed to me that most of the time using CSec does not end up much different than just lofting all the profile lines together...

Here's what I mean - here is a scaffolding of 4 curves that you might think of running csec on to generate profiles:

For csec you would select those and then go to the top view and put in several sections.

However, instead of doing that, you can just loft these 4 longer curves with each other directly and use the "Closed" option to make the shape:

It has just seemed to me that this is usually the case - that's why I haven't focused on a CSec type mechanism for MoI. It was kind of an experimental thing that I thought had kind of dropped out of use over time. I mean, CSec does make sense in a certain way because it is a bit easier to think of loft cross-sections as being in the smaller direction and moving along the shape, instead of using the longer sections for lofting. But using the longer sections directly tends to work just fine even though it is not quite as intuitive.

If you have some examples of situations where you would like to use CSec, could you please post them so I can check them out?

Also one quick note - just wanted to make sure you knew that you can use copy/paste to share information back and forth between MoI and Rhino, so that makes it pretty fast to go back and forth.

- Michael
Attachments: