ZBrush 4R8 Beta testing Gallery

8471.31 In reply to 8471.16 
"Mmmhhh.... there must be a reason why Pixologic implemented it that way. You are the first person, i have read from, saying that it is a nightmare! Why all the ZBrush users are not complaining? :-)"

I have used ZBrush since v1.25. It looks the same now as it did 17+ years ago, just with more buttons and menus. The original developer is artist. If he were an engineer, I'm sure it would look quite different.

I communicated with Pixologic many years ago about the interface and that CAD users in general are going to reject it. I did explain there is crossover between CAD and sculpture, and that will grow in the future. It would be useful to adapt the interface to a more CAD like environment (or offer it as an alternate), and provide tools and workspace that use absolute values so dimensions and location could match the typical 3D cad application.

I think there are a small number of ZBrush users who also use 3D cad applications, although its certainly more than it was almost 20 years ago. Maybe if the VFX and Gaming markets we not growing as fast, it might entice the developers to consider additional markets.