ZBrush 4R8 Beta testing Gallery

8471.26 In reply to 8471.20 
Stefan,

Certainly Cubicomp in the 80's had "all the tools to create polygon models" even if you did have to enter every vertex coordinate numerically and by hand. I have talked to PROFESSIONALS who use Zbrush, Blender, Substance, Maya and other apps. They tell me the polygon modeling in Z is not up to snuff. You, a self-proclaimed hobbyist, say differently. I'm inclined to believe the pros.

They also say the retopo in Zbrush, while good, is not great. Again, I believe them. Perhaps you can share some of your work and we can ask questions about it?

What is vector displacement other than a way to compete with a voxel modeler? I understand Z can create vector displacement maps, but so can 3D Coat, and also my understanding is it's difficult to create extreme mesh distortion in Z before vector displacement. Perhaps I'm missing something. If not, it seems like a way to PULL or PUSH extreme detail into a Z mesh, which is not an issue for a voxel modeler.

One of the posters at the top asked if ZBrush would replace other modelers, to which I replied categorically no. Great work is being created in all modelers and Z won't replace the whole suite of 3D apps.

That is still my stance. You are certainly welcome to think differently.