ZBrush 4R8 Beta testing Gallery

Hi Chipp,

i don't want to start a long debate about ZBrush and 3DCoat, because each MoI user here should compare by themselves to see what fits better for them. The galleries of both apps can give users, interested in those apps, a good overview imho.

I dont know why you come to the conclusion that 3DCoats auto retope is better than ZBrush's. In the past i did several conversions and always had problems with 3DCoats auto retopo, resulting in no good mesh quality, like holes etc. Even the free InstantMeshes software did a better job. With ZBrush's ZRemesher i never had a problem, yet.

About ZModeler, it was implemented in 4R7 and so it's relatively new, imho. ZModeler has all the required tools available to create polygon models.

About Vector Displacement, it's a new brush where you can sculpt with Vector Displacement Maps. Maybe i have missed something in 3DCoat, but i have not seen a Vector Displacement brush in 3DCoat. If there is one then i appologize of course.

About the UI, i have read in the past from a lot of people that the UI is strange for them, same as Blender's.
If people only try out those softwares and don't read the documentation or take a course, then it might be allien.

I, for myself, can only say that ZBrush, even if i have only scratched the surface so far, is an absolutely amazing 3D Software. It has so many unique features under the hood, which you don't find in other 3D Modeling apps. The good Pixologic folks are simply genius!!! :-)

Best Regards
Stefan