turning off preselection highlighting

8435.43 In reply to 8435.42 
Hi Pior,

re:
> However, I am able to reproduce the issue consistently in object mode. See this clip :

There isn't really an "object mode" in normal MoI operation. It looks like what you're seeing there is a side effect from having selection filters active. Edges and curves have priority for hit test targeting and that I think that zone is where the edge is being targeted initially.

I can probably tune that up, I'll take a look. This sort of thing can kind of crop up fairly easily when you're trying to set up MoI to operate pretty differently from its normal behavior. In this case it's about having selection filters on all the time during regular usage instead of only for helping a particular targeted selection which is what they were initially designed to be used for. It's like you're going "off the beaten path" and you're more likely to run into branches that will poke you here and there.

It's also why it is not always so great to have a zillion different kinds of possible behavior configurations. It becomes hard to test and refine such things. Earlier in this thread you were saying basically "why not have an option in moi.ini to make it do this different thing"... - but this can be a reason to not have that type of stuff.

> Also, while on the broad topic of selection : I think it would be nice if the app could
> search/raycast for edges from a much bigger distance.>

In MoI v4 there is an option you can set in moi.ini for increasing the distance:

[View]
SelectionHitTestRadius=12

- Michael