turning off preselection highlighting

Heya Michael - it definitely does :)
Digging a little deeper I would say there are two distinct things I personally would like to turn off :

- The preselection highlighting modes, on a mode by mode basis (for instance I personally don't think I'd ever need the object and face modes, but I could see myself still relying on edges highlighting as edge selection is naturally the most error-prone because of the very nature of these components being thin)
- The "click confirmation highlight" that flashes the components with a thick yellow overlay and then disappears when releasing the mouse. I personally don't see any reason for it at all since it is redundant with the component becoming ultimately selected. Now don't get me wrong, it is *very* good that something happens on clickdown as opposed to only later happening on click release, as such a late confirmation behavior leads to some 3d programs feeling sluggish. But I don't think that flashing the selection with a thick overlay has any use at all - might as well skip that step altogether and instantly showing the end result of the selection instead.

(of course I am aware that many users are used to the current behavior, so the suggestions above are really just suggestions for options in the .ini and not at all a suggestion to change the defaults ... even though I am convinced that it would look sleeker and feel smoother if that was the case hehe :D)

FP : sure thing, here's a short vid. I am in no way an expert in using the app of course but I can confirm that at least as far as I am concerned, being able to jump straight to edge/face/object mode makes me faster because it significantly reduces the number of clicks required. But more importantly, that way I never get concerned/distracted by faces or objects flashing in and out when my mind is in "I need to select this one edge" mode of thinking. Think of it like jumping from one tree branch to another as opposed to having to constantly climb down a tree and back up again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpwZgQPVaZY

Also : c'est "a little video showing what these scripts do in action". "Faire" ne se traduit pas littérallement par "make" dans ce cas.

EDITED: 26 Nov 2019 by PIOR_O