turning off preselection highlighting

8435.31 In reply to 8435.30 
Hi Pior, I understand that it seems like face and edge selection that you're used to in polygon modeling would apply here as well but NURBS modeling is rather different in overall usage than polygon modeling. It's not really a fit to try and make it behave exactly the same as a polygon modeling program.

MoI will definitely kind of feel odd if you're trying to use it with the same approach as you would in polygon modeling. It's not meant to be used in that way.

> Put differently : if I am not mistaken, going to edge mode,to face mode, and back to
> edge mode currently requires 9 clicks. Whereas if there were shortcuts going directly
> to edge and face modes, it would be only 3 button presses + 3 clicks.

MoI is actually designed to not need to use the keyboard for basic operations, so tying hotkeys into its main workflow is not really a fit for MoI either.

But it is possible though to set a selection filter that will then cause faces or edges to be targeted thereafter. You could do that by setting the following on a shortcut key:

script: /* Turn on edge selection filter */ moi.selection.setFilter( 'Types', 'Edges', true );

script: /* Turn on face selection filter */ moi.selection.setFilter( 'Types', 'Faces', true );

You'll see the filters activate in the "Types" section of the scene browser.

You can press the Escape key to turn off the selection filter.

> Also, while we are at it : there seems to be an issue with face highlighting at this time, as
> sometimes it seems like small faces are not being highlighted at all when the cursor is over
> them (the surrounding faces get the highlight instead). But when actually clicking, the
> un-highlighted face gets selected.

I haven't seen that over here. Do you have an example model that you can post
that has this behavior?

Thanks, - Michael