Tech info needed before switch to a new computer

Hi Michael and everyone.

First of all I wish to thank you Michael because you allowed me to "use" this forum to talk about a topic not closely related to Moi.
Thanks again.

And I want also to thank all the other guys who has taken part in this discussion.
Thanks to all.

I have come to a decision.

During the last few nights I've read so many tech articles and watched so many youtube channel and asked so many
3d/cad forum, that I can say with absolute certainty that I'm still too poorly prepared to chose a new hardware configuration
that should be a very valid one in relation to what I currently do with my computer.
That is : software developing for my job, and 2d/3D gfx for hobby and some sporadic 2d/3d content creation to support my developing activity.

A serious and professional choice of a brand new pc/workstation actually involves too many technical aspects
for which I'm not properly prepared.

1) What kind of motherboard ?
2) What kind of cpu : semi-workstation processors (i7 extreme edition 6-8 cores) or consumer top range (i7-7700K)
3) What kind of dd4 ram
4) Above all...what kind of GPU : Affortable Quadro P4000 8gb (very reliable and capable to run ALL software, also very specific CAD),
or the acclaimed and so powerful GTX 1080 Ti or Titan X ?

One thing I realized : it's so easy to be mesmerized by pure numbers (cuda, mhz, refresh rate, Ghz, t-flops, fps, etc...)

Numbers (often) say nothing.

What rally matters for me is :

1) What's your main activity that you want to do with your computer ?
2) Real-life performance : for example, how a brand new i7-7700K with fast dd4 ram and fast ssd will improve the almost daily
and heavy compilation of java code with Android Studio, compared to what I can actually achieve with my (old but) reliable Clevo Laptop with 32Gb of 1600 Mhz and i7-4790K ?
3) How Cad and 2d Painting software (Photoshop CC and others) and 3D-Coat will run on a GTX graphics card compared to a Quadro P4000
in terms not only of speed but also robustness and issue-free compatibility problems ?

I still haven't found nothing really helpful about all that questions.

In conclusion, I think that always : HASTE MAKES WASTE !!

So...I decided to take my time and not to change my computer at least until I will get much more specific information.

Thanks again to all and...I will wait for the upcoming V4 beta of Moi that certailnly will work like a charm on my laptop with Quadro K3100M.

Have a nice day.

- Marco (mkdm)