Anyone have problems with 3d connexion devices in MOI? zoom vs rotate sensitivity is weird

8394.4 In reply to 8394.3 
Hi Deepak,

> I would like it to zoom in at a constant speed no matter how far or close I am to the object if possible?

Unfortunately it's difficult to do that with a perspective view because of foreshortening - areas of the object that are closer to the eyepoint are larger on the screen than areas that are further away.

But if you set the 3D view to have a parallel projection instead of a perspective projection, that should make for much more uniform zooming behavior. You can do that under Options > View > "3D view projection". If you want that to be the default when you start up MoI, make a 3DM file with its 3D view projection set to parallel and set that as the startup template file under Options > General > Template file.

> -Also, in their autodesk integration ctrl+mmb on the model pins the rotation pivot of the comera
> onto that exact place on the model's surface. Is this possible in MOI some how, even with regular
> rotation? This would allow for easier access to tight places inside a model.

To do this in MoI, use the "Zoom area" button that's on the toolbar on the bottom of viewports. That will let you snap on a point for the center of the zoom window, and that point will become the new rotation pivot point.

> I was trying to make holes in the attached image below

It can be better to make small details like that with texture mapping in your rendering program instead of modeling the geometry directly.

- Michael