Looking for someone to modify an existing MoI script in return for beer money (or whatever :)

I'm looking for someone to modify an existing MoI script in return for beer money (or whatever :)

Ring Circle Creator is an existing MoI script designed to aid in modeling rings. Based on the finger size selected, it draws the proper ring inside diameter circle, which becomes the basis for modeling the ring.

The script for MoI ver 3 is here:

Use RingCircle2.js from:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4441.10

Use RingCircle2.htm from:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4441.11

I would like to have the script go a step further so it produces the 3D ring model, based on a selected ring width, and the selected ring profile.

The purpose of the script is to produce a personalized, custom set of 3 plastic ring sizers on a 3D printer. The script will be run by a person who is not familiar with 3D modeling, so it needs to take three inputs via a menu and do the rest automatically.

Script specifications:

User opens a pre-defined MoI 3DM template file which contains three ring profiles named A, B & C (The template file units must be millimeters to be compatible with the 3D printer settings)
User runs the Script.
From the script menu:
Select a US ring size: (sizes & corresponding diameters are already defined in the existing script .htm)
Select a ring width: (range is 2mm to 10mm in 0.5 mm steps)
Select one ring profile by name: A, B or C

Draw the circle corresponding to the diameter specified in the script's .htm file. (this function is contained in the existing script).
Draw a second circle with a diameter 0.2mm smaller than the original circle. (1/4 US size = 0.2mm change in diameter).
Draw a third circle with a diameter 0.2mm larger than the original circle. (1/4 US size = 0.2mm change in diameter).
Arrange the circles such that the centers are about 50mm from the Origin. If that is not possible they can be arranged in a straight line with their centers 50mm apart. The goal is to print everything near the center of the 3D printer bed.
Make a copy of the selected ring profile and scale it in Z only to equal the selected ring width.
Sweep the three circles using the copied profile.
The result is a solid ring representing the attributes selected in the menu, plus two rings that are 1/4 size larger & 1/4 size smaller.
If possible via the script, save-as the three rings as a STL file.

I've written js and html before, but I'm not at all familiar with MoI's structure. But I'm sure I could take over and refine the script if just the basic functionality was in place.

Ed Ferguson

Attachments: