Quick check-in about workflow, and V4.

8361.8 In reply to 8361.6 
Thanks Michael,
I did not take any offense to your initial response, just wanted to be clear that I don't mean to be pushy! Being the sole force behind a piece of software like MoI seems like an enormous undertaking in itself, let alone trying to continuously grow that software and deal with customer requests and support.

For the linked picture reference I think I just confused things a bit. Sometimes I will edit a reference image after loading it (for example to increase contrast on edges), but I'm pretty sure that MoI reloads the images when you re-load a file anyway, so this isn't a big issue (and of course you already have the "reload" button). Mainly I just wish that if I moved some curves I generated from a reference image the image could stay locked to the curves.

I've use MoI for both mechanical and artistic uses (for me as a designer they often mix together) and have found that it plays very nicely with 2D software for vector output as well as 3D 3rd party software through IGES or Step and .obj/.stl for 3D printing. The only issue I've had in mixed workflow are face direction being broken on occasion, otherwise it has fed everything from graphic arts to gaming workflows with relative ease.