Better organized forum needed?

833.6 In reply to 833.5 
Hi JDonner, thanks for your feedback.

Certainly tastes vary, and I'm sorry that it feels like junk to you. I have had other feedback with positive comments regarding the forum as well. I have noticed that negative feedback has often come from other people who run their own forums.

The current forum here is rather spartan and utilitarian, which makes simple operations like signing up or posting a message really easy to use, there just isn't much other junk to get in your way for those basic actions.

So I don't quite understand why you consider it difficult to use. Is there anything in particular that you can pinpoint?

I took a quick look at the SMF forum, and it looks nice, especially the graphic design is very pretty. But a quick glance over it didn't really reveal anything in particular to me that seemed especially easier to use than this forum. If there are any areas that you think are done particularly well with SMF, please let me know so I can check them out and I will keep that in mind when I get a chance to tune up this forum.

Don't get me wrong, I don't underestimate the value of a good forum - quite the contrary. But I believe the true value in this forum is more about the content rather than the graphic design, that's why I have put a lot of effort into answering messages here and not very much on making it look pretty yet.

- Michael