Fillet and boolean union problems

Hi,

I am evaluating Moi 3D (trial version).

As a test I tried to model the main body a bathtub tap, which is very simple. But I have encountered several pb.

One I found a solution in the forum (separate + join on a curve). For the others I couldn't find the solution (I admit though I have not read all the search results :-) ).

There is only two parts on the model. One is simply a cylinder, the other the nose of the tap. I have made two versions of the nose. One (v1) by extruding a base shape. For the other (v2) I made a copy of the base shape, move it up, then selected the narrow end and moved it 5 mm towards the other end, and then used the loft tool between the two shapes.

I have attached the 3dm files to explain what I'm trying to do (and how I'm doing it), and to show the problems. I have named the files with a short description of the problems:

- "Pb fillet (unable to make fillets on red part) (nose v1)"
I want to make fillets on the whole red part. It works if I select only the intersection with the blue cylinder.
But it doesn't on the green edges (calculating never ends if radius is < 6 mm) nor on the magenta edges (doesn't make the fillets - only the contour it seems).

- “Pb boolean union” (nose v2)
There are 2 problems, and 2 files. I'm sorry I'm unable to remember the differences between the 2 files.
When I try to make a boolean union between the 2 parts, in one case MoI is unable to make the union (calculating never ends), in the other it removes the top of the cylinder.

I've tried on 2 different computers with the same results.

Please ask if something is not clear.