Zoom | UpDown -> LeftRight

8294.9 In reply to 8294.8 
Hi Metin,

> RMB = orbit
> Control + RMB = zoom
> Alt + RMB = pan

So are you set for orbit and zoom right now? Or do you need the zoom to be a left/right motion instead of up/down?

Right now Alt+RMB is set up as another way to do zoom, for Maya compatibility. If you remind me about this once v4 betas are going, I can put in an option for Alt+RMB to do pan instead of zoom.

Also you mentioned reversing - which thing is it that you need reversed?

> I also find it a bit confusing that the perspective view needs Shift to pan, while the orthographic views don't.

That's because a plain RMB is set up for orbiting the 3D view, but the orthographic views don't do orbiting. But instead of just doing nothing for RMB in an ortho view it's an additional way to do pan. I don't think I've ever seen a quad view in ZBrush, they probably don't have the same concept as a dedicated 2D view as in MoI?

> As a last note, ZBrush has an interesting alternative option that combines zooming and panning using only
> one modifier key, which I use more and more lately. It works like this: holding Control + RMB zooms, but
> as soon as you release the Control key, you enter panning mode. It takes some exercise to get used to it,
> but once you're used to it, it works very efficient, allowing you to keep your finger on only one key for both
> zooming and panning.

Hmmm, that's interesting but it sounds probably a little too fancy to set up in MoI. I guess if I were to do it I'd probably think about it slightly different, like "tap" the ctrl key (press it and then release it) would make the next plain RMB drag following it to do pan while holding down ctrl + RMB doing zoom.

- Michael