Zoom | UpDown -> LeftRight

8294.8 In reply to 8294.7 
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I understand your arguments.

Personally, I frequently switch between MoI, ZBrush, Blender and Keyshot. Each tool has its own navigation shortcuts, which is cumbersome. ZBrush and Keyshot don't offer options to customize the navigation, while MoI does offer a number of options. The only tool that allows full navigation customization right now is Blender, so I've adjusted those to match Zbrush:

RMB = orbit
Control + RMB = zoom
Alt + RMB = pan

MoI's current customization options make me come very close to matching those in ZBrush as well, but not entirely. I also find it a bit confusing that the perspective view needs Shift to pan, while the orthographic views don't.

As a last note, ZBrush has an interesting alternative option that combines zooming and panning using only one modifier key, which I use more and more lately. It works like this: holding Control + RMB zooms, but as soon as you release the Control key, you enter panning mode. It takes some exercise to get used to it, but once you're used to it, it works very efficient, allowing you to keep your finger on only one key for both zooming and panning.

Best regards,

— Metin

———————

metinseven.com — 3D (print) models • animation • characters • icons • illustration • infographics • visualization