Xtreme Network Curve & Flow on Surface

8288.14 In reply to 8288.13 
Hi Ced, with a semi-"blobby" type shape like that you would probably be better off in a sub-d modeling program rather than in a CAD program.

You're pretty much guaranteed that you won't be able to make that out of a single surface if you try to directly surface to that type of top opening because of the sharp corners in the top shape. You can only make a single surface in MoI where the surface is smooth throughout it, any type of sharp corner in a profile is going to get split up into multiple surfaces at the corner spots.

Sometimes though a mix of sharp onto smooth can be done better by building an bigger initial all-smooth piece and then cutting out the sharp outline using Trim on it to cut away some areas rather than trying to build directly to that outline right in the initial surface construction.

> however, I still don't get a 'soap dish' closed all the way around with the exception
> of the 'hole' opening at the top inside the top frame! Aaaaaaagh!

I'm not really able to do much with just a description of problems like this, I really can't help very much if I can't see the things you're describing unfortunately.

- Michael