ICONS - GUI Closed

8236.25 In reply to 8236.23 
re:

> I see so many ways to make the GUI striking - and the software loaded like a
> nest of yellow jackets - and I want it that way. I'm creating just that - however
> - it's more difficult than necessary - and I wonder why -

Well, MoI is fundamentally intended to be easy to use and have a light and streamlined workflow and UI. The concept of "loaded like a nest of yellow jackets" is pretty much exactly opposite of those goals, so that's the reason why.

There are already other programs out there that cater to the "loaded like a nest of yellow jackets" type of design, but a lot of people find the complexity that goes along with that has a lot of negative side effects like being hard to learn for example. The reason why MoI exists is to provide a counterpoint to that, to make a CAD tool that puts accessibility as a fundamental target.

Now of course you're certainly welcome to use MoI in other ways than what it was designed for, and I've made things quite flexible so that it's possible to modify MoI in many ways to suit your needs, but still the simple answer to why it isn't set up the way you want is that it's designed with different goals than what you have.

- Michael