How can I run MoI faster?

8207.5 In reply to 8207.4 
Thank you all for your feedback! I checked and I do have an intel graphics device, DAC type internal, I also set the mesh settings as suggested and perhaps there is a bit of an improvement- the lag I'm referring to is the time to performs operations, like moving, booleaning, deforming, etc on large numbers of objects - there is a bit of a delay, say five to ten seconds or so depending on the number of objects being operated on, between the input of the command and the seeing the result- is that mainly affected by the graphics card, or the processor speed, or RAM?

It is not a deal breaker- I have to say I have been nothing but pleased with MoI! It was the first CAD program I got into and I wouldn't be doing what I do without it- but I do so many operations in the course of my workday that these little delays add up, as well as break up the flow of work as I wait for commands to finish executing. Since it is a commercial activity and there's a significant monetary value to efficieny improvement, I'm willing to throw money at the problem, just don't know where to aim or even if I'm likely to see a substantial improvement. It's worth it to me to have a machine that can tear through the operations, just don't know if it's achievable.

Brian, I do indeed have a HDD, not SDD, is that likely to make a difference? Is there any way to benchmark our computers' performance on MoI's tasks?