surface from flat curves

817.10 In reply to 817.8 
Awesome!

Thanks for that Michael.

I've been using "project curves" for quite a while now every day and love that feature, it enables me to create models on the fly without the slightest concern for having any difficulties later in altering the mesh when an idea for a mesh feature occurs during modeling which would normally be a feature one would start from with polygonal modeling rather than add to a model already begun. Eyes in a head model, for instance. When one takes a sphere (or any model) in MOI and turns on "show points" (which sometimes first requires using "separate" on the surfaces) one can then readily shape that object by manipulating it's control points in 3d space to achieve some very organic-looking surface flow on that object and alter it's shape in very interesting ways. Using "project curves" with "trim" on such an altered object after it is shaped allows the introduction of new geometry points into the surfaces of that object, so it's easy to shape a head, for instance, and after the shape is perfected create eye sockets, nostrils, mouths, and ears which look perfect.

Even though I love these tools and use them daily I still learned two new things from your brief tutorial above though, I didn't know that I could use sweep as you have above without prior positioning of the sweeping object (and that's a HUGE timesaver for me!) and I also didn't know that there was any "automatic projection" built into trim already! Awesome timesavers!!!

Thanks!

- 3dvisuals dude