Sheet metal in V4

8126.40 In reply to 8126.39 
Hi Marco, it's feasible but would require additional work... If you need the functionality of both versions then a simple way to get that without any more work involved is to just have both of them installed and set up 2 shortcut keys, one to call the original version and a second shortcut key for the new one. That's why I named the second one with a different name, so you could easily have both of them if desired.

If this was going to be one of the built in tools that was going to be frequently used by the average user, then it would be different, it would make more sense to potentially polish it up like you're describing. But it's not in that category, these are special purpose tools to be used for some very specific workflows. I'm happy to work on such tools to help save someone a lot of time, but I don't think that doing the combination like you describe would result in any actual time savings for Carlos compared to just having 2 shortcut keys. From what I can understand so far about his workflow I don't think he'll need to use the first version at all, but we'll see what he says.

It is just normal though that special purpose tools won't receive the same level of polish as ones that are used by a lot of people.

If it's mainly the bug in the first version that I mentioned that you're worried about, that bug does not happen to affect that version, it's only if you extracted the endpoint gathering part of that script and tried to use it for different stuff that the bug could cause problems. That's how I found out about it since the second version uses the endpoints for more detailed things and so the loop endpoint gathering had to be corrected for the second version to work.

- Michael