How to "assemble" a model from part files

The technique I have been using which is working well.

I create a wireframe skeleton which I then create by parts around with same portions of the wireframe which I then use orient to put into position. AS moi opens instantly I have 2 moi windows open one with my assembly bound to the wireframe and then I copy and paste the part or wireframe working in the empty moi window viewing extents only. I then copy the part and it skeleton back in.

I have used Solidworks for many years and I have been using MOI for assemblies for some time and must say I am completing the job in same or less time - less files to manage and less mouse maneuvers. Same output as most manufacturing facilities accept STEP files the output is the same. Workflow is great. I still import my final 3dm files into SOLIDWORKS for its drawing sheets if required thats a hard one to beat.

I present my MOI files with SIMLABS 3d pdf and the clients love it WYSIWYG presentation with just a few clicks.

Here is 3d PDF created in MOI exported to SIMLABS - even the sheetmetal part is created in MOI once you know the steps of SHEETMETAL protocol radius's and allowances - I imported the part into SOLIDWORKS sheetmetal and unfolds perfectly.

Here is 3d PDF from MOI you need ACROBAT VIEWER to view correctly.

cheers

EDITED: 23 Dec 2023 by ALEXPOLO