Real case OBJ to Nurbs!

8095.30 In reply to 8095.29 
Hi PaQ,

And thanks for your reply.

> Once you have a patch simplification in the conversion process (like with T-Spline for Fusion or Rhino, Cyborg3D, etc),
> pre-subdivide the mesh before converting it will change nothing about patches arrangement.
> In other words you will get the same numbers of patches, they will just have more 'points' in the underlying structure.
> And what is important, is to reduce the number of patches, to help smooth further modeling task (trim, fillets, etc).

I agree with you but unfortunately, I don't have a commercial version of T-Spline, and frankly I don't like it so much.
(And I don't use Fusion).

I much prefer Clayoo and I tested it for a while but it's too much expensive...

But for the moment, in order to use Max's SubdDiv, I'm testing reverse SubDiv tools of NVIL and, in general,
I'm trying to model using only quads.
For this particular case, where I don't arrive with my hands, 3DCoat really helps me, with its retopo tools.

> By hiding vertex, I mean fighting with the poly topology to avoid nasty placement of those poles. It require a bit of modeling practice.

I don't know if I already have that modeling practice. Could you please post some screenshot or some simple .obj file,
that shows what you said ?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

- Marco (mkdm)