Rocket 3F polygon modeling with bridge to MoI and 3D Coat

8092.109 In reply to 8092.108 
Hi Konni,

re:
> #1 - When I exporting model from Moi to Rocket ...i received an artifact (see 4th attached picture) and from
> Rocket to Keyshot (3rd picture) same artifact retains.
> Also I have noticed like then I'm Saving Moi model as obj file, and that file loaded in Keyshot
> same artifacts appears. With or without bridge.

That looks like the kind of artifact that can happen with a rendering program having difficulty converting complex n-gons into triangles in order to do the render.

To avoid it, when you export out from MoI set the option for "Output: Quads & Triangles" instead of "Output: N-gons" here:

> #2 How to set up different solids in Moi in order in Keyshot set on these solids
> different materials. What I do have now is 9 solids, but only few of them i wanna
> have metal material for example on other plastic. But then i add material... same
> material goes on ALL MODEL. on all solids.

For this you need to assign the objects to different styles in MoI. When you export out to .obj, the styles list in MoI will become the materials list in the .obj file and style assignments will become material assignments.

So to do that select your objects that you want to have on a particular material, and assign them to a style by either clicking on the style's swatch in the scene browser or by using the Style menu in the properties panel:

Hope that helps, let me know if you still have any trouble.

- Michael