Intro - Hi!

Hello,
MoI looks great and I am exploring for the last couple of days so thought I would say Hi from sunny S of France - near Nice. I am getting an "atelier" kitted up for jewelry production with software, 3D printer and possibly casting machinery. I haven't committed to any particular hardware machines yet, still confused on the trade offs. For example the printers alone have massive price and build area differences. Looking to cast directly from a print ... burnout problems seem to abound, Top down printing looks good to me so I sent a friend to see the OctaveLight in China. EnvisionTEC are going that way too. Exciting times. The prices in EUR are approx landed prices in France with duty and sales tax (1/3 less in USA of course), except the EnvisionTEC which needs tax but maybe 8% (Swiss agent) added.

I was a jeweller a few decades ago in Hatton Garden (Bleeding Heart Yard, Greville St, Clerkenwell Rd. etc) but went off and did other things, software related. I did not buy Rhino; so MoI is completely new to me.
I want to make less of the geometric cookie cutter type of jewelry so a question if I may, would the attached models print or do they have something nasty like self intersections? If so, how to make a shape like these 2 on the right? The shape on the left the one (not fro MoI) is probably safer but relatively uninteresting. T Splines in Fusion look great ...

As an aside, my wireless 3DConnexion Spacemouse does not seem to work here, any tips please?

Thanks

Gary
France 06
Attachments:

Image Attachments:
Size: 66.5 KB, Downloaded: 57 times, Dimensions: 780x989px
Size: 47.4 KB, Downloaded: 37 times, Dimensions: 666x173px
Size: 112.2 KB, Downloaded: 55 times, Dimensions: 1254x968px