What is your regulates Moi--> ZBrush

804.29 In reply to 804.27 
Hi Michael,

Sure, it was just to show what's actually append to the geometry. Indeed it might be a solution and allow an extra subdivision step inside zbrush.

But all in all I still don't think it's a viable solution in real production compare to a traditionnal poly modeling.

The olga's ring will take 800 polys as a base mesh with a traditionnal poly method (parobably full quad), will allow you to subdivide it until 10.000.000 of polys in zbrush (or even more with the HD subdivision, which seems to do a smooth subdivision, you don't have the choice) whithout any shape alteration ... and you'll finish with just an image as a displacement map (+ a normal map maybe) that can be used on the low base mesh to rebuild the model in any rendering software.

What will be the polycount of the MoI base mesh ? How far could you divide it in zbrush without alterate the shape ? (curious to see Pilou example) Will you be able to just bake the displacement map, if yes how apply it back in a render engine like modo or lightwave, that can only handle displacement in sds (catmull/metanurbs) . (that means that the base mesh will have triangle pinching as the example showed above).

Time to sleep a little bit now, I hope I'll have some time to experiment it myself too.