Mark Open Curve End and Inset Point along Curve?

8000.2 In reply to 8000.1 
Hi OSTexo,

> Is there a mark open curve end script like there is a mark open curve start script?

I don't think there is one, but you can edit that script to make one - get the MarkCurveStart files from here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5288.21 , copy both the .js and .htm files to new files like MarkCurveEnd.js and MarkCurveEnd.htm and then edit the .js file and change the current code in there that has crv.getStartPt(); to say crv.getEndPt(); instead.

> Also, is there a script that will place a single point at a specified distance from the end of a curve, and
> optionally place points at varying distances from previous points? The effect I'm looking for is a line that
> skips and fades out.

I don't know of a script that will do exactly that, but you can use the Transform > Array > Curve command to replicate a point at a specified distance traveling along the curve. I'd think that making one that would support varying distances would be somewhat difficult with the UI that would need to go along with it to control it.

Maybe try setting up the points in a straight line along the x-axis for example, then draw a line underneath them and use Transform > Deform > Flow to map those points onto the curve.

- Michael