Help. Program won't start

800.6 In reply to 800.5 
Thanks again Michael
I updated the drivers and it works just fine. The program is wonderful. I have just spent a few minutes blundering around making wierd objects. It seems very easy and intuitive. I have been using Autocad for architectural drafting - 2D mostly - and Archicad for 3D modelling. Both are pretty clunky and limited, yet very expensive. I have just been learning to use Free!ship (an open source boat modelling program) with good success, but that has its limitations, too. Now I just need to be able to combine model parts from all these ... I am asking a lot, aren't I?
As an example, I have just modelled a boat hull in Free!ship and can export it as a DXF 3Dmesh for use in Autocad (2006). Now I want to model a trailer to carry the boat, and doing this in Free!ship is quite difficult and time consuming. It is not much fun in Autocad either, so I am looking for alternatives.
I will search your excellent forum to see what can be done here - thanks again for the great program, and your prompt and useful replies to my query.