new MoI Logo/Icon concept

7994.21 In reply to 7994.19 
Hi, rather than making a new logo reimagined thread, I will reply here instead.

Was trying to tidy up windows start tiles and tweaked a few things using edgetile.
Trying to make the tiles clean and somehow ended up designing a nice clean logo version of Moi 3d.
It's not meant to replace or suggestion or anything, just a nice visual tweak for my own use and I felt like sharing it for possible critique.

Here's my take on Moi 3d logo :)

The logo is based on the original 'idea-lightbulb' logo and made up from the letters M-o-i.
M is used as the screw base of the bulb, O as the bulb, and i as the light filament inside.
The sideways M looks kind of like a sigma sign and the logotype uses Google's Montserrat Font.
Both reasoning for the sideways M and font choice is for aesthetic purposes emulating the clean look of the software.
Logo color is based on the feel of the Moi 3d viewport interface in general.

Large + Wide Tile: Main logo for splash or marketing (not that the software needed splash, loads so fast you'll miss it anyway)
Small Tile: Icon usage for small to tiny brand mark for app or online

Background image made by Amin Akhshi on Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/amin/blog/PPXm/gamma-knife-moi3d
I really love the combination of pale yellow highlight on grey and somehow makes it synonymous with Moi 3d in my mind.

Hope you enjoyed this tidbit :)

- David