How to model

7984.19 In reply to 7984.18 
Here's another one where I used the "side cut" but then used a sweep to create the band (Sweeping a regular band shape along a curve to meet the face of the side profile cut)... Looking at the underside of the band, I didn't control that well through the sweep, so it messes with the aesthetics of the side profile view. I was going to look at a scaling rail to control this part, but kindof had enough already. Also, someone else showed how to just create multiple profiles along the path using loft, which would do the same to fix the sweep also...

Also, the original side cut is where you get the shape of the end of the wrist band. After I created that and used it to create the band fitted to the body, I deleted the original side cut out of the body, then did a funky blend cap on the end of the band and re-cut that out of the body. It maintained the original profile intent but created a cool organic cavity on the body... I guess it depends on how you want the guts of the body and the band to be connected. I don't have an apple watch.

Anyway,