Script Problems in Versions "moi_Jun-12-2007" and "moi_Jul-17-2007"

797.24 In reply to 797.23 
> not sure what you did,

Well, that's the strange thing, I didn't really do very much.

MoI uses more than one .exe program when it runs, and these different programs talk to each other when a command is running.

For some reason on your guys' machine there is a problem when one .exe tries to talk directly to the HTML UI document in the main program. I slightly changed the way that this inter-exe talking takes place for this new Jul-30 build. I still don't know why the old way did not work on your machine after that Jul-12 build. At first I thought it might be some kind of security lockdown thing getting in the way, but now I think maybe it is just a bug in something. But there are several system components involved so it is hard for me to figure out exactly which thing has the bug. This particular thing (inter-process communication involving HTML documents) is just not really an area that is commonly used in other programs so you may not notice that it is a problem outside of MoI.

But anyway if I can avoid the particular mechanism that is messed up then everything should be fine...

Please let me know if you run into any more problems with this Jul-30 one. I'll plan on putting out a new regular beta with this change in it tomorrow.

Thanks for all your testing,

- Michael