Understandindg the way Moi and Nodeeditor follow to manage the order of selected objects

Hi Michael and Max (and everyone),

While i was doing some testing with "Array" family nodes, i wondered a thing regarding the rules followed by Moi and Nodeeditor,
in order to manage the order of selected objects.

I hope that both the .3dm and .nod files that i have attached, are sufficiently clear to explain what i'm trying to understand.

In order to run the example i think that it is necessary the latest Nodeeditor version (0.65).

But, to be clearer, i'll show you what are the steps that i have followed, what is the result that i wanted and what instead is the result that i get.

Given that this is nothing more than an exercise, my goal is to better understand the way used by Moi to manage a set of selected objects,
and if it could be possible to control the order of the objects inside a specific set of selected objects,
and if it could be possible to get the same behavior inside Nodeeditor.

So, i have followed these steps :

01 - Open the .3dm and .nod files
02 - Select all the points in .3dm file, picking them individually in the order shown by the numbers
03 - Assign the selection to the "Selected" node present into the nodeeditor, via the "update" command by right-clicking the node
04 - Run the editor

And....as you can see in the 01_Capture.PNG file, the resulting curve, displayed in violet, doesn't follows the order of picked points.

My question is.....am i doing something wrong ?

Is there a way to instruct Moi or NodeEditor to keep unaltered the order of picked objects ?
Or does Moi apply a different rules to the selected objects, in order to manage a different ordering ?

And, a final consideration...

I think that having the ability to control the order of selected objects, manually or via some sort of programmatic criteria,
would be a very powerful thing inside both Moi and Nodeeditor.

Well then everyone... have a good day,

Marco (mkdm).

Image Attachments:
Size: 832.5 KB, Downloaded: 39 times, Dimensions: 1918x1039px
Size: 105.5 KB, Downloaded: 33 times, Dimensions: 1521x821px