Scripting Challenge anybody ?

Hi guys, with how versatile Moi is i had a thought how cool it would be to be able to design a flooring plan, but then I also know my limitations as Script is certainly one of them. The more i think about this idea the more complex (for me) it seems to get.... So here's what I'd like it to be able to do...

The designer creates the flooring space using just lines or curves that are planar and creates a single surface from those said curves/lines. The calls the script via a command such as MakeFloor. This would then display a window to enter the following variables.

Plank dimensions for width, length and depth of the longest plank such as 1.6m or 1600mm etc
Chamfer angle or amount
Randomness of the Planks by percentage so if the smallest plank was 400mm that would be 75% variance but that the randomness should be restricted so none would be shorter and be divisible by say 50mm so as no silly number like 547.2 would be allowed.
Starting point of the flooring selected by mouse click on a corner of a bounding box or centre thereof
Direction of the planks to - i.e. from top to bottom or from left to right.
Export options of native 3DM, STEP or OBJ set by tick boxes and the starting name for the exported file(s) e.g MyFloorPlan

The script would then trim the starting surface into individual surfaces according to the planks dimensions with the randomness entered, then extrude those surfaces to the given depth, any planks that run over the original starting curves/lines should be trimmed, then chamfering the top surface to suit the chamfer setting. Each generated plank should be named as generated such as Plank.001 etc. The final plan then to be exported as set by the selections given by the user.

What do you guys think, is it do-able ?

Martin
(TpwUK)