MoI Gumball

7947.3 In reply to 7947.1 
Hi 3image - like Eddi writes above the focus in MoI is more on the 2D edit frame. The great advantage of the edit frame is that it's very low profile, the Gumball is very "in your face" since it occupies a whole bunch of space right smack in the middle of the scene, while the edit frame goes only around the outside of the current selection and is much much more sparse graphically. This allows the edit frame to remain on all the time.

Also just in general the strength of NURBS modeling is in trying to use 2D curves to control your design as much as possible, that's another reason why I've focused on the 2D edit frame rather than a 3D manipulator.

In addition to all of that, the Gumball translation functions are redundant because you can already move things in MoI just by dragging an object, which is again an "always on", always available thing.

I do think that I might add an optional 3D "manipulator" type mechanism to MoI in the future particularly for control point manipulation but it's not really a current priority because of the reasons above.

- Michael